Inosat Global announces new V8 tracking unit
V8 tracking unit has a very competitive cost because integrates several telematics features on a single device, plus helps companies enhance operational efficiency by simplifying installation.
Inosat, a European based company specialized in the development, production and marketing of Telematics Solutions, with focus in Mobility Intelligence, is launching a new hardware platform that represents a step ahead in terms of hardware, as it combines in a small device, onboard CanBus connection (compatible with hundreds of different trucks and LCVs), K-line connection and Remote Tachograph Download with GPS and GSM internal antennas. The unit also has intelligent power consumption using an internal accelerometer (G-sensor), and comes with an internal battery that lasts for 48 hours in low power consumption mode.
With approximately half the size of Inosat’s previous V7 unit, the V8 device, weighting only 80 grams and measuring 9,3 (w)*5,5(l)*2,3(h) centimetres, is a small device that fits almost everywhere. Additionally this new tracking device can be installed combined with an OBD flat cable that allows the device to easily fit near the ODB dongle while remaining invisible. This allows companies to eliminate time consuming installation processes. Installing our V8 units with the OBD flat cable can take from 1 to 5 minutes and it’s a great solution for many customers.
This easily connectable device offers a wide number of features:
- Integrated Canbus connection: allows companies to receive information on driving behaviour, providing also access to fuel management features;
- K-Line integrated connection and Remote Download of Tachograph data: allow fleet managers to have access to digital tachograph information in real time, plus the tachograph remote data download;
- Integrated GSM-GPS Antenna: facilitates the installation of the device and reduce maintenance costs in the future.
Also available are all standard features already included in the previous versions, like:
- Integrated G-sensor for automatic accident detection, ignition detection and power management;
- Integrated Tampering sensor, which detects attempts of device violation when someone not authorized opens the tracking unit;
- Integrated Li-ion Battery, keeps the unit working in case of main battery failure;
- Driver identification through RFiD;
- Connected navigation using an Android PND connected to the V8 unit trough Bluetooth;
- 2 analog inputs for temperature reading and fuel level;
- 2 digital inputs that can be used for privacy button, panic button, open door sensor, etc.
- 1 digital output that is normally used for immobilization.
At Inosat we are extremely happy with this new hardware platform, as it represents a huge step in terms of services combined in the same hardware platform, answering to the needs of space and installation simplicity demanded nowadays by most of our partners.
Feel free to contact us if you want to receive more information about this product. www.inosat.com/contact-us